As hotter weather heralds the coming of summer here is a way to get your daily turmeric from a refreshing cold drink with citrus and ginger zing.
- 4–5 cups spring/filtered water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 3xR Curcumin Super Blend Powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ginger or 1 tbsp fresh ginger root
- ¼ cups or more lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon Slices
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey (optional to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper to activate curcumin in turmeric
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Extra lemon juice to taste if desired
- Bring water to a light boil on the stove.
- Add in your spices and let it boil again for a minute
- Reduce and simmer turmeric for 10 minutes – this extracts the beneficial compounds from the turmeric & ginger
- Remove from the stove and let it cool a bit.
- Strain the liquid with a mesh strainer or cloth to get rid of excess ginger root & spice powder.
- Pour the rest of the liquid into a jug along with your extracts, and sweetener of choice.
- Mix again so that the maple syrup / lemon juice are combined with the turmeric ginger brew.
- Garnish with extra lemon slices, fresh mint, and store in fridge.
- Add ice if desired but note it will dilute flavor.