10 benefits of curcumin.
1. Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with medicinal properties
Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
2. Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound
Curcumin can suppress many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation. Its bioavailability should to be enhanced with the addition of pepper.
3. Turmeric can increase the antioxidant capacity of the body
While curcumin has antioxidant effects, there is not a great deal of information yet available.
4. Curcumin can boost brain-derived neurotrophic factor
Curcumin boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which then increases the growth of new neurons and can help fight various degenerative processes in your brain.
5. Curcumin may lower your risk of heart disease
Curcumin has beneficial effects on factors known to contribute to heart disease. It’s an anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
6. Turmeric may help prevent cancer
Curcumin leads to several changes on the molecular level that cxan help prevent and possibly even treat cancer.
7. Curcumin may be useful in treating Alzheimer’s disease
Curcumin is able to cross the blood-brain barrier and can enable improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
8. Arthritis patients respond well to curcumin supplements
Arthritis is a very common disorder characterized by joint inflammation. Studies show that curcumin can help treat the symptoms of arthritis and in fact can be more effective than conventional anti-inflammatory drugs.
9. Curcumin has benefits against depression
A study in 60 people suffering depression showed that curcumin was as effective as Prozac in alleviating symptoms of the condition.
10. Curcumin may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases
Due to its many positive health effects, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer, curcumin may aid longevity.